Are you pursuing a Computer Science or Management Information Systems degree with an emphasis on software development? Are you on track to graduate in December of 2019 or May of 2020? Are you interested in finding a rewarding career in IT with a company that changes lives? If you answered yes to all three questions, then I have an opportunity for you!
Federated Insurance, located in Owatonna, Minnesota (approx. 2 hours & 20 minutes from Cedar Falls) is searching for system developers. System developers create and maintain technology tools that allow us to meet our clients’ needs. We are looking for individuals who thrive working in a team environment to analyze issues, solve problems, and maximize the effective use of technology. Our training programs will begin on January 6, 2020 and June 8, 2020.
- A variety of training ranging from 3-month classroom training to computer-based training to individualized mentoring
- Writing programs to develop and enhance business applications
- Developing test cases, cycles, and scripts and conducting all required testing
- Using basic problem solving techniques to gather information and diagnose system issues
- Responding to internal and external customer needs
Reasons to consider Federated:
- Federated is a nationwide provider of multi-line insurance products to select businesses with more than 1.6 billion in annual premium and a growth goal to get to 2 billion by 2022.
- With the small town atmosphere (Owatonna is a community of about 25,000 people) but a large company presence of 4.5 billion in assets, we feel we have the best of both worlds. We also have easy access to the Twin Cities (1 hour).
- We offer competitive pay including an employee bonus program.
- We offer an outstanding benefits package including both a 401K and pension program.
- We have beautiful facilities including an onsite gym, fitness center, café and credit union.
- We have a one-of-a-kind culture that supports a healthy work-life balance.
If you are interested and want to learn more, please email Candy Ellingworth, Director of Business Technology for Federated Insurance or go visit her at the UNI Career Fair Monday, 9/23.