Are you pursuing a Management Information Systems degree with an emphasis on software development? Are you on track to graduate in December of 2020 or May of 2021? Are you interested in finding an IT internship for the summer of 2020 with a company that changes lives? If you answered yes to all three questions, then I have an opportunity for you!
Federated Insurance, located in Owatonna, Minnesota (approx. 2 hours & 20 minutes from Cedar Falls) is searching for our next group of systems developer interns. Systems developer interns work with our business technology teams to develop, integrate and support application software in the business environment.
As a Federated Insurance IS intern, you will:
- Write programs to satisfy requirements using the tools and languages provided
- Conduct unit, system, regression and acceptance testing
- Produce project documentation using existing templates and standards
- Attend and participate in education sessions
- Collaborate with others on progress and issues related to assigned work
- Complete a presentation outline the internship experience to Information Services leadership at the conclusion of the internship
Reasons to consider Federated:
- Federated is a nationwide provider of multi-line insurance products to select businesses with more than 1.5 billion in annual premium and a growth goal to get to 2 billion by 2022.
- With the small town atmosphere (Owatonna is a community of about 25,000 people) but a large company presence of 4.5 billion in assets, we feel we have the best of both worlds.
- Our interns receive training to ensure that they have the skills necessary to flourish on the team they are assigned to.
- We offer competitive pay
- We offer paid housing
- We offer subsidized membership to our on-site Fitness Centers and the Owatonna Country Club
- Interns have the opportunity to network with other interns during volunteer and social outings
If you are interested in learning more please email Candy Ellingworth, Director of Business Technology for Federated Insurance or go see her at the UNI Career Fair on Monday, 9/23.